Monday, May 30, 2011

Honesty is My Policy


I love having a blog for the express purpose of being able to post whatever in the world I feel like and not having anyone there to edit, censor, or tell me no.

Whatever in the world I feel like ends up being the same thing it always is: honest, candid, truthful stories, observations and thoughts from life. Sometimes I include confessions and secrets! (Juicy!)

In the end, I think everyone longs to be completely honest about who they are, how they live their life and how they see the world. But there are so many forces working against that, it rarely comes out. Most days we're just polished, polite versions of a person we consider to be socially acceptable.

My blog is at times my liberator from this polite and polished version of me. All I have to do is sit behind my computer, tap out a new post and all of a sudden, it's the oft-suppressed me making an appearance. My actual thoughts get a black-and-white voice in the electronic realm, unhindered by social acceptability and dirty looks.

Yup, I love this site. I love the people that read it and connect with what I've written. I love the drawing out of the inner person, the spilling of the secrets, the revelation of the hidden. Nothing to me is better than people being completely real and open, and I, thank goodness, have found one small way to do that.

I'm sure some people don't like what I write. I'm sure some think it strange that I'm so honest in my writing. That's fine, this blog isn't for them. This blog is for those who are, or desperately want to be, completely honest, even if at times they don't know how to go about it. Life is a process, so is revealing its intricacies; we're all learning.

But as grand and glorious as being completely honest sounds, it does have its dirty moments. Sometimes truth hurts, it rubs people the wrong way, it seems brash. I am fully aware that not everyone will like what I have to say even part of the time. But in my mind, the positives outweigh the negatives, and I'm willing to keep on writing in this way.

This is life unscripted, because really, who could make up this stuff? So much of what I've experienced, I never could have fathomed before it happened. There is so much humor, irony, tragedy and uncertainty. Mixed together, it makes life one interesting ride, and provides content for lots of interesting blog entries.

In closing, I have some more secrets, just like those that made an appearance in an earlier post entitled The Terrible Truth. Enjoy. :)

I hate trying to figure out if you're serious or just messing around.

Reminder to self: There are some people I should not encourage to start blogging.

Will you two just date already and spare the rest of us from your annoying banter?

Do you feel boring, or is it just me that notices?

I know there are certain things I do that drive you nuts. I can't help myself.

One word comes to mind when I see your "coupley" pictures: vomit.

I've tried to clean up my act for you, but there's only so much cleaning one person can do!

I read your diary once. I sort of felt bad at the time, but now I wish I had read more.

I can tell you think I'm scary. I guess I should apologize...?

I really can't make up my mind, and at the same time, I really don't feel like even trying to.

Okay, I'll admit it, I like it. Only sometimes though.

Some days I have to really work at being polite. It's hard.

I feel a little awkward when you just look at me and don't say anything. So I randomly stare at a wall or something.

You un-friended me on Facebook, which really doesn't bother me since you tried to get me in trouble in college.

1 comment:

camille nicole said...

Hahahahaha. I love this.
I really do.

"That's why her hair's so big. It's full of secrets."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...