Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One of the Very Best Things

Fifteen years ago my family embarked on one of the most incredible journeys we've ever been on, the miracle of adoption. I can't even put into words what it's like to find another person who you never knew existed and enfold them into your family unit. It's a blessing, a challenge, and a completely unique and special experience.

I was so happy to find out that one of my best friends and her husband were embarking on that journey themselves. I get so excited when I learn that someone else has a heartbeat for adoption and is pursuing it in their lives.

Brandi and Jordan are two of the most genuine, selfless people I have known. I met them while attending college in Chicago. Brandi transferred in and was assigned as my roommate and even though we were two very different people, we instantly became friends. After having been part of some big moments in both Brandi and Jordan's lives (like their wedding!), I know beyond a doubt that there are no two people as perfectly suited to adoption as they are. With hearts as big as the sea, their tenderness, compassion, understanding and love will nurture and establish the children they are seeking to adopt.

But enough from me. The point of this post is to share with you Brandi and Jordan's adoption website.


I invite you to visit, read some of the posts, and if you feel led, join in this journey. Brandi and Jordan have set up a store to help them cover some of the costs of the adoption. There are some really cute items there, so make sure to check it out!

I can't say enough how wonderful and beautiful adoption is. If you have a story of adoption or know someone who is currently pursuing adoption, please share that in the comments!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...