Monday, December 14, 2015

Dressember: Week Two Recap

We're coming up on the half-way point of Dressember after a really great weekend thanks to more generous donors who pushed us over half-way to the $2,000 goal. We have now raised over $1,100 for my campaign and over $417,000 for the whole Dressember campaign.

When I set my goal last Dressember, I thought it was huge and somewhat unreachable. There were lots of days that went by when no one donated and I thought we wouldn't make it. But in the end, we did, and it was awesome!

This year I set a bigger goal because I wanted to challenge myself to do more, to work harder, and to ask my donors to do more. Plus with two organizations to support this time, I wanted to raise twice the money. Just like last year, there are days when I think we won't make it to the goal, which really is fine. In the end, it's not about the goal, even though sometimes it can be easy to fixate on that. It's about changing lives, raising awareness, making a difference. Together, we are already doing that and hopefully will continue to do it.

So once again, thank you for coming along side me in this effort! I feel so encouraged and inspired to keep going strong toward the goal. We still have two weeks left to raise $885. We can totally do this!

Day Eight

Dress sponsor: Cami
 About the look: This dress was selected from the catalog (option C) by Cami. This is a popular dress, so you'll be seeing it again! For its Dressember debut, I paired it with a heart-patterned cardigan, leggings, and ankle boots.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised, $915.

Day Nine

Dress sponsors: Nick and me
 About the look: Since Nick and I donated to Dressember, I figured we could pick a dress too. Plus I was wanting to go a little bit comfy for a Christmas shopping expedition. :) This dress is option D from the catalog. I paired it with my army green jacket, a leopard print scarf, ponte pants, and boots.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised, $915.

Day Ten

Dress sponsor: Janice
 About the look: This dress was selected from the catalog (option I) by Janice. I love leopard print with berry tones, so I paired it with a bright magenta-purple scarf, open cardigan, leggings, and boots.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised, $915.

Day Eleven

Dress sponsors: Jessica and Matt
 About the look: This dress was selected from the catalog (option A) by my boo thang, Jessica. I paired the thick sweater dress with "lighter" options like tights, long necklaces, and topped the look off with boots.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised, $915.

Day Twelve

Dress sponsor: Claudia
 About the look: This dress was selected from the catalog (option C) by Claudia. It was a warm day so I paired this dress with a leopard print scarf, grey tights, and booties.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised on day 12, $100. Grand total, $1,015. We passed the half-way point on this day!

Day Thirteen

Dress sponsor: Jan
 About the look: This dress was selected from the catalog (option L) by Jan. This time around, I styled this floral print dress with a burgundy boyfriend cardigan, ponte pants, boots, and delicate accessories.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised on day 13, $100. Grand total, $1,115.

Day Fourteen

Dress sponsors: Tim and Angie
 About the look: This dress was selected from the catalog (option B) by my friend Angie. I paired this LBD with a lightweight cardigan, an infinity scarf, tights, and boots.
Fundraising Stats: Total raised as of publication, $1,115, but it's not too late to donate! Plus I'm looking for more dress sponsors as I only have a few left!

Donate now  |  Visit my Dressember Page

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...