Friday, January 17, 2014

Foodie Fridays: Coffee Cake


Lately I've been getting more into cooking and baking, thanks to the Food Network. Once you watch enough cooking shows, you want to get into the kitchen and get cracking. So I decided to start a new series on the blog: Foodie Fridays. I'll be sharing a recipe or two that I've made in the past week. Because I also enjoy baking, I can't guarantee that everything I'll be sharing is entirely healthy, but I'll try to strike a balance. :)

For the first Foodie Friday, I'm sharing my Grandma's recipe for delicious Coffee Cake. It's best served sliced and spread with a little soft butter.

Grandma's Quick Coffee Cake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Cake ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
Topping ingredients:
- 3 tblsp. flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tblsp. butter
Directions:
1. Sift/stir together four, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add and mix egg, milk, and oil.
3. Pour into an 8x8 pan.
4. Sprinkle topping on batter.
5. Bake at 375 for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool. (I like my coffee cake completely cooled to room temperature. For some reason it tastes better than warm coffee cake.)
7. Cover when completely cool.

Got a recipe to share? Pass along your recipes, I'll try them and share the ones we like on the blog!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...