Thursday, July 5, 2012

About Softball

So tonight we had our second-to-last regular season softball game.

I feel like I've accomplished something, even if all I did was earn an "A for effort."


This was my first time playing organized base/softball anything (minus like two games of intramural indoor softball in college). Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone. Normally I like sports I know I can at least hold my own in. But with this... I felt super inexperienced.

Regardless, I jumped in with both feet. And it turns out, I kinda like it. I've always enjoyed going to baseball games (most people know my love for the Colorado Rockies), so I figured I could at least understand the basics.

So I learned the random rules, I bought my first glove, and I went running to prep for games. I showed up for practices and I tried to improve, even in the little things. And when it came to games, I can thankfully say, I wasn't the worst person out there (not that I'm judging).

Now that it's almost over, I'm kind of sad. No, I didn't become a pro at it, yes I did get on base (and even scored a few runs), but I think more than anything, I enjoyed being part of a team again. I missed the camaraderie, the support, the all for one/one for all mentality. And I think we had a really great team.

All that to say, bring on next season. I'll be ready. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...