Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fourth of July Themed Treats

Today I've been working over on the Clinton Herald Pinterest page creating a board full of patriotic treats, dishes and drinks and I thought I would share it with all of you!


Admittedly most of the pins are for desserts and sweets, but there are some healthy and Whole30-safe recipes on the board (like this one for broiled tomatoes) and gluten free!

I was really impressed with what some people have created. Most of the time when I was a kid, patriotic dishes were limited to a cool whip and berries cake or frosted sugar cookies. Now we have things like Uncle Sam Mustache Pops, a lovely American Flag Pie, Patriotic Taco Salad, and several healthy American flag arrangements with fruit and cheese.

Also check out this article from BuzzFeed, it has even more ideas for desserts and drinks for you to try! (Twenty-one, to be exact!)

I'm feeling all kinds of inspired, but with a wedding coming up, it will probably only be in my mind.

What are your favorite patriotic dishes or drinks? Any that you make every year without fail or are you always trying something new? Have a recipe to share? Give me a good one and I'll add it to the pin board!

Check out 15 of the patriotic recipes I pinned:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...