Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Winning Isn't Everything... But it Does Feel Good

This is just a quick post to show you this cool cup I helped us win at work. :)


We received this swanky trophy from our parent company for our website, which most of you know, I have devoted my [work] life to for the past couple of years. It's nice to see that work pay off!

Getting the website to where it is today has definitely been a process. It's been filled with angst and stress, but not without excitement and pride. It feels good to work hard, and to see that work accomplish growth and recognition.

I also know that none of this would have been possible without God's help and leading in my life.

Ever since the beginning of my time as the Herald's digital content editor, I've known that I was smart enough, driven enough and determined enough to accomplish anything. But at the same time, I knew that along the way, every time I experienced success, it wasn't just me. I knew God was opening doors, leading me, giving me insight and essentially handing me my success.

Why, I don't know. I don't pretend to be the only person God gives success to. I believe he gives it to every person who finds themselves achieving success, whether they recognize it or not.

So success feels good. It feels great to have helped the Herald receive this honor (and several others out of our six for 2012) and to know that I'm doing something right. :)

The trophy and me, enjoying a moment of bliss. :)

1 comment:

Nick Mance said...

You deserve that award after all the hard work and dedication you have given to them! Way to go!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...