Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whole30: Day 5

Here we are at day five and things are still pretty good. I had my first food dream last night. I don't remember specifically what food it was, but I was at a party being offered non-Whole30 foods and I'm pretty sure I ate some of them. And then felt bad.

Eating out with friends and family isn't such a great thing any more, especially when you have to watch people eat their French fries and burgers and you're stuck with a salad and grilled chicken. (Although homemade avocado dressing does help with that.) Also today, I craved chocolate. That was a first for the Whole30. We have discovered that homemade frozen juice pops and real fruit smoothies make a great substitutes for dessert. We found frozen fruit with no added sweeteners that we blend with some apple juice for our smoothies. Yum!

I'm not quite at "kill all the things" level, but I can feel myself getting easily irritated and frustrated if things don't go correctly. So hopefully I'm basically bypassing that phase as I'm already in "I just want a nap" mode. Because I fell asleep yesterday afternoon and today for a little bit.

Nick and I are still encouraging people to join us, because cravings aside, we've been eating and feeling great. I'm not getting nearly the amount of caffeine I used to intake and my energy levels are better than before. Especially at the gym, but I think I mentioned that. I can't help but continue to promote Whole30 and its benefits to friends and family. It's not the most fun thing, but feeling good never felt so good. ;)

Tonight we cooked up some beef for lettuce wraps. I'll let you all know how they turned out, but basically I broke up the meat, added garlic, scallions, spices and water chestnuts and sauteed it in a skillet with some olive oil. If it's good, I'll pass on specifics.

Anyone else have any recipes to share? I'm also curious to know if any of you are considering the Whole30, want to start or are going to start. Or are you doing a different diet or health routine? Please share! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...