Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30: Week One - Complete!

One week down, three more to go! (It feels so much more manageable when put in weeks rather than days, right?!)

Today was a pretty good day overall, though I'm adding a new point on the timeline, "want to cry about everything." I felt like everything that was remotely frustrating made me want to cry, rather than kill things. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad sign, but I'm hoping it doesn't continue tomorrow. Also, having breakfast this morning and remembering to use my inhaler definitely helped me have a better workout than yesterday's unfortunate trip to the gym.

Here's a quick look back at the past week, just in case you missed anything (I personally recommend checking out the recipes).

Day 1 -  Shared my first day of meals and a recipe for yummy chicken and veggie soup.
Day 2 - Shared two recipes that pair well together--salmon and broccoli with garlic. I also shared some bits of information and encouragement.
Day 3 - I tried to spread the gym love by sharing my tips for a more enjoyable trip to the gym.
Day 4 - I talked about cravings (those wicked things!) and shared a recipe for deconstructed taco burgers.
Day 5 - Rambled about dreams, eating out, and other things that were going on.
Day 6 - Shared two lettuce wrap recipes and additional information.

Overall, I'd say it's been a good week. Yes, it has been hard at times, but it has definitely been more rewarding than challenging. I'm still recommending that anyone and everyone give it a try, if only to see what it's like to really feel good and have increased energy. (Who can say no to that?!)

Also, looking for some new moves in the gym, or at home? Check out this: Glamor's One Month Slim-Down Plan, presented in a slideshow of photo demonstrations. Or come to Iron Horse and workout with me! :)

I'm not sure if I'll continue blogging daily, but we shall see! If not, I'll be sure to keep posting recipes and "milestones" and answering any questions I get.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...