Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dressember Day 4: Togetherness

Today I woke up with a sore throat and wasn't really feeling very excited about styling a dress. I mostly just wanted to throw on my sweater dress from day two and call it done. But I felt like I was going against some unwritten code of repeating the same dress in the same week. So I figured out something else and consoled myself with a giant cardigan.

I was happy to find a comment on my last post from another blogger, Christine at BeYOUtiful Hope, who is also participating in Dressember. She is one of a few women I've gotten to connect with via social media thanks to Dressember. I'm not on a team and don't personally know anyone else who is participating, so it's been great to build a camaraderie with other participants. We're all basically strangers, but it doesn't feel like it.

This made me think of a quote from Dressember's Instagram feed regarding sharing dresses with friends or sisters. It said, 

"Dressember is both an opportunity to advocate for the inherent dignity of others AND a chance to step into a creative + collaborative attitude that flies in the face of one of competition + comparison. We believe we are better when we join forces, when we get creative with what we have, and use it for good."

When I first read that quote, I wished I could collaborate with someone I knew, share dresses, and travel this journey together. And while I can't trade dresses with these ladies, I'm so thankful for collaboration and connection, wherever we find it. We are doing this journey together, using our voices and resources to bring rescue to other women who so badly need it.

If you're another Dressember participant (blogger or otherwise), I would love, love, LOVE to connect with you! Leave me a comment or connect with me via one of my social accounts or shoot me an email. All my contact info is here. Let's do Dressember together, and finish strong.

Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.

A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Dressember Day Four

Today was definitely not my best day, but I also feel that not sharing a photo is somehow wrong. For day four I resurrected an old dress from Target and mixed it with a newer piece, an open geometric print cardigan from the Loft Outlet. I paired it with grey sweater tights from Forever 21, a couple bar-charm necklaces (one from Loft, the other from Lia Sophia), a belt and boots.


Unfortunately all the items on today's board are substitutes because most of these pieces are older, save for the cardigan and I couldn't find it listed online. So here are some similar items that will create this look.
Dressember Styles: Day Four

2 comments:

Christine said...

Looking cozy in DRESSember today! :) These pics are actually from California... it is warm there, I'm in NY right now though, lol.

Blessings,
Christine
www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

Elise Loyola Mance said...

Thanks! :) Going from CA to NY sounds rough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...