Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My Top 12 Beauty Picks + Secrets

Today I'm sharing 12 of my top beauty picks from this year and all time. I'm including the items that have gotten me the most complements and have made me feel my best. I'm also answering the questions I am most frequently asked about my beauty routine and my hair. :)

My Top 12 Beauty Picks + Secrets

My Top Beauty Picks
1. L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre Hair Color - People most often comment on my hair and this is how I create my ombre look (yes, my hair is DIY). I started using this kit over a year ago and I love how my hair looks with it.

My recommendation is to follow the directions until it comes to actually applying the dye to your hair. In the included instructions, you put the color on from mid-strand moving downward. If you want a subtle fade, you want to apply from the tip upward.

I recommend applying in two- to four-inch segments (depending on how long your hair is and where you want your ombre to fade out), every five to seven minutes moving from the ends upward. Follow the included instructions for how to part your hair for dying and how long to leave the dye on your hair (start timing from your first segment application). If you want to get a little more creative, you can add in a highlighting-effect by covering longer sections of hair for more time as you dye.

If you have more questions about this, contact me!

2. L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Dual Protect Spray - I follow up every ombre dye-session with a generous helping of this nourishing oil, which I also apply daily. It protects against heat damage and color fade. Plus it makes your hair feel hydrated and less static-prone in the winter.

3. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer - This primer is amazing. It has a slight tint, so you can wear it alone or under foundation. It goes on smooth and makes your face feel soft while holding your makeup in place throughout the day.

4. Revlon PhotoReady Makeup - I originally tested this foundation for my wedding makeup since I was using tinted moisturizer and BB creams for daily wear. I fell in love with it right away and have been using it regularly since. People often comment on how my skin looks (it's been called "peaches and cream" before), and I owe it all to this foundation. (I use 004 Nude.)

5. Mary Kay Concealer - For those times when a bigger, more visible blemish needs to be covered, I recommend Mary Kay's concealer. (I use Beige 1.)

6. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer - I love Too Faced's chocolate bronzers. They go on smooth and smell amazing too. Bronzer is quickly becoming another daily makeup item I use for contouring and I also use a little on my eyelids.

7. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner - Another thing people sometimes comment on is my eyeliner. I've tried lots of different kinds over the years but most recently I've stuck with Maybelline's Unstoppable Eyeliner. It glides on smoothly and you don't have to sharpen it, just twist for more. My trick for a smooth line is to use a conical sponge tip to smooth and straighten after I apply the liner.

8. Dove White Beauty Bar - I've dealt with skin conditions like eczema for most of my life and the only thing that's consistently kept my skin clear is Dove's bar soap. I used to use Dove body wash, but even that didn't give me the consistency of bar soap. So I'm sticking with it and recommending it to you!

9. Mary Kay Botanical Effects Mask - This mask can also be used as an exfoliating scrub. It always leaves my skin looking better than any other face cleanser I've used. Plus I love and recommend regular exfoliation. 

10. Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray - For the days I don't wash my hair, I use Suave's dry shampoo. It's good at eliminating oily spots and it smell like grapefruit.

11. Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Fragrance - Any time someone tells me I smell good, I'm always wearing Amber Romance. My tip is to spray body mist onto your hair, which holds the fragrance better than skin and it'll be the first thing someone smells if they give you a hug.

12. Crest 3D White Vivid Whitestrips - Finally, I recommend Crest Whitestrips for a whiter, more confident smile. I started using Crest whitening products in college when I noticed yellowing on my teeth. Since then, I periodically use the strips to maintain whiteness, but mostly just use whitening toothpaste. Crest Whitestrips really do work and are less expensive than whitening treatments you can get at the dentist, so I always recommend them to anyone who asks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...