Monday, August 13, 2012

31 Days Captured: Day 13


Tonight the weather was perfect. The river seemed to be enjoying it, so calm and still, as if it was soaking up every moment. And everything around the river seemed to be moving in slow motion, drawn to the quiet perfection of a cool evening.

I can't wait for fall, the crispness in the air, wearing sweaters and scarves, mini pumpkins and crunchy leaves. Sometimes when it starts to feel like fall, I feel like I should be heading back to school. I think of my all-time favorite movie, You've Got Mail, when Tom Hanks' character writes about New York in the fall. "Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." (Oh the poetic genius of Nora Ephron, I miss her already.)

So anyone that has some spare pencils, let's make a bouquet. I'll throw in some felt tip markers and scotch tape. :)

Photograph captured with Samsung Galaxy S, edits via PicMonkey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...