Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 17

Sorry for posting really late this time. Saturday nights are killer for this thing. Plus my internet is patchy at best, so even publishing this post was a challenge. Anyway, enough of that and on to (technically) yesterday's photo...


I'm one of those people that likes to save little mementos from trips and events, places I've gone or things I've attended. This is one such memento from the last vacation I took. It hangs out on my mirror at present, reminding me of one of the best trips I've taken.

I got that card when I went to Colorado in September to visit my dear friend Jessica for her birthday. On my first night there, we went to a contemporary little Mexican restaurant, Lime, in LoDo, with a former co-worker of mine.

It just so happened that night there was a magician there, and he came to our table and showed us a few basic tricks. Then he pulled out the eight of clubs and told me to write my name on it. He did a few things, like making it disappear in the deck and reappear on top. Then, he put it back in the deck and pulled out his wallet. Why he would need his wallet was a mystery to us until he unzipped an inside compartment and there was my eight of clubs, folded up in a little square, with my name on it.

He let me keep the card (he no doubt had plenty to replenish his deck), and I brought it back as a souvenir. When I look at it now, I mostly remember the amazing time Jessica and I had bashing around downtown Denver, meeting new people, shopping, going to a Rockies game and staying in a snazzy hotel. It was definitely one of the best trips I've taken on my own, and something that will probably end up becoming a tradition.

1 comment:

Jess said...

ah! I love this! I forgot about that night! Good times. Good times my friend! Repeat in Chicago in march. (hopefully!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...