Monday, December 19, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 19

Today, I honestly didn't think of anything to photograph all day, so my picture is kind of a cop-out...


This is the cute little built-in shelf in my living room. I think it actually used to be a doorway because the back paneling matches my bathroom door. I like it because it adds character to the room--something unique to break-up the sameness of the walls.

It's sort of decorated for Christmas now, with snowy garland, pine cones and little fruit-like pods from a silk floral arrangement. The top photo is of me with my friends Gracie and Heidi during our sophomore year of college before a night out at the Grand Lux. The middle picture is a candid of my bestie, Brandi, on the roof of our college dorm in downtown Chicago. The bottom pictures are of my dog, Mimi, and my family, both taken circa 2008.

I have another, deeper shelf in my living room, it's built into the old dumbwaiter shaft. I remember the first time I learned what a dumbwaiter was, thanks to the book Harriet the Spy. Harriet is spying in someone's house and uses the dumbwaiter to hoist herself from one level to the next. Unfortunately, she is discovered by the maid. I've always had a sort of fascination with dumbwaiters since then.

That's all I have for today. I'll try to have a better photo for tomorrow, hopefully of our workplace Christmas festivities. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...