Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 22

It's Christmas traveling time.

I managed to get everything wrapped and packed (minus the things I need for tomorrow morning) on time. A little early, actually, which is rare for me. I'm the worst packing procrastinator of all time. Tomorrow it's off to the chilly North, which hopefully means some snow.

Tonight was the last 20s Bible study of the year. This would otherwise be uneventful, save for a few things. First, it was Chris' last night, probably forever. Saying good-bye still sucks, even when you're not the one doing the leaving.

Also, the fact that this was the last study of the year leaves me realizing I never really thought beyond this year. This year was the mountain I was struggling to climb since the night before it began. It was the wall I couldn't see around, and somehow, I made it through. This realization is sort of odd.

Normally I look forward to each new year with thoughts of what it will bring. I think about the things I want, both to receive and to accomplish. I think about the goals that I should have, the plans I want to make. This is the first time I haven't thought about any of these things. It's as though I never looked beyond 2011, and now that 2012 is almost here, it's like I don't know what to do.

In realizing this, I also realized I like it. I think it's a good place for me. I went into 2011 with barely an expectation for the next day, let alone the year as a whole. I went into it blind, with nothing to cling to but my faith in the promise that God would never leave me. In the end, I made it out better, happier and more fulfilled that I would've ever dreamed for myself.

That is how I want next year to be, a blank canvass, ready and waiting for the stories it will hold. I want it to be a surprising web of adventures that I didn't attempt to plan out. I want to go along for the ride and then look back, just like now, and see that it was all about the journey and not at all about the destination.

P.S. - Tomorrow's photo will undoubtedly be somewhat, if not VERY, late due to traveling. I apologize in advance. I will post it as soon as I am able (aka, when Grandma turns her wi-fi on). :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...