Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 18

It was a self-portrait/editing photos kind of afternoon (plus some Pirates of the Caribbean for swashbuckling entertainment).


When I haven't had anyone to take portraits of for a while, I get a little bored and practice on myself. I actually hadn't taken any self-portraits in my apartment, until today. I usually shoot a couple, then spend a lot more time playing with edits, mixing colors and otherwise messing around.

(As a side note, I've been inspired by a photographer named Lissy Elle for a long time. She's in the middle of a 365, which is like what I'm doing, only it's a photo a day for an entire year. She, however, is 17 and homeschooled, so she has lots more free time. And her dedication to crazy Photoshop art is at a whole new level. You can check out her 365 Tumblr, or her Flickr; some of her photos are definitely unconventional, so use discretion.)

Anyway, if anyone wants to pose for me (and in return get some cool photos that always work for Facebook profile pics), let me know. Since college I wanted to start a black-and-white "faces" gallery, but that has yet to even begin. Maybe that can be a good project for next year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...