Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 2

I know that technically, it's Saturday. But, I promise I took the day two photo on day two.


Basketball. One of the best games ever invented. Or so Hoosiers taught me as I diligently watched it repeatedly, then acted out the moves with a little foam ball. I was just like Jimmy Chitwood, complete with an epic soundtrack until the credits ended.

This was Michael's first home game of the season. Being in 8th grade, he's on the 7th/8th grade team this year. I try to make it to as many of his games as possible, mostly so I can embarrass my family by heckling the refs. Not really. I go because when I decided to move home, one of the reasons was so that I could go to things like this.

I used to get picture messages from my dad on my cell phone. Michael before a band concert. Michael playing in his soccer game. Michael singing in choir. I hated that I was missing everything, because getting a pixilated image doesn't count for much of anything.

Now I get to take the photos. I get to sit on the sidelines and cheer. I get to listen to the tinkling of the bells in band and the serenading of the choir. And I really am one lucky girl.

Oh, and he made the basket. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...