Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 9

Once again, sorry for posting a photo late... Friday nights get away from me and then before I know it, it's Saturday morning. This photo was, however, taken on Friday.


Tonight my brother had his school Christmas program. Along with singing, he also played in the band (he's the one hiding to the far right). He's really good at playing percussion and usually gets to add in the fun details of the piece.

Today felt insanely long, like the day was stretched over more hours than normal. But it was also a good day. We decorated the newsroom for Christmas in hopes that we'll win the annual department decorating contest at work. Then I got to film one of the reporter's interviews with Texas Gov. Rick Perry's wife, Anita. I got to talk with her on a personal level, which I loved. She complemented my outfit, we laughed about shoes and of course talked about politics a little.

I had lunch with my mom at Yen Ching. Friday lunches have become a tradition since before I moved to Denver. After I moved home, we sort of picked back up where we left off. It's nice to have girl time, even if it's only for an hour once a week.

After my brother's concert, I ran into my writing friend, Claudette. We determined that our lives are too insanely busy (without us even trying to make them that way), projects must be selected based on simplicity, and that it is perfectly acceptable to wear pirate costume boots to church.

I have also decided that some relationships are impossible to describe. Like why "liggity" meaning "left" is hysterically funny, an irrational fear of mustard tempts me to obnoxiously play with it, and indecision is the capstone of time spent together. Essentially, why try to put some things in a box when they are far too impossible to contain.

Tomorrow, I and my friends shall venture to Chicago. I haven't been there since April (to see my beloved Rockies play the Cubs, as a matter of fact), so I'm looking forward to it. I'm slightly dreading the process of getting there since transportation is iffy at best, but like the old adage says, "Where there's a will, there's a way."

I'm sure I'll have at least one great photo to share tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...