Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thirty-One Days of Photos: Day 8

Today was Chris' birthday, so I made him pose with his Taco Bell Big Box Meal for my photo of the day.


We (Mason, Chris and myself) have made a habit of carpooling to Thursday night Bible study together. Then we usually find someplace to eat afterward. Since it was Chris' day, we made him pick.

Tonight we talked about how life works out, how you happen to meet people because all the right details fell into place at the right time. If I hadn't moved back to Iowa, I would've gone on living my life in Colorado, never knowing that the guys I call my "little family" existed. But that's the thing with life, it's not random chance or fate, it's God working out those details, making things exactly how he wants them.

We're all glad we met this fall. We've shared some good times and I think we felt a little introspective since their time in Clinton is drawing to a close. Pretty soon our nights spent laughing about silly jokes, goofy movies and (as I like to remind him) Chris' weirdness, will be just a memory. Life will keep going, filled with more of those little details that come together at the right place and the right time.

That's why I love photography. And writing. They're small ways to preserve nights like these, nights you don't want to end and you definitely don't want to forget. Nights that are so simple, yet so good. December 8, 2011, was one of those nights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And when your writing and photography are culturally transcendent to touch other people in similar ways then you are truly an artist. Well done and thank you, Elise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...